Hello guys how are you all ? Hope you all are fine. when I was installing homebrew in MacOS Big Sur (M1 Chip). Warning: /opt/homebrew/bin is not in your PATH.
So Here is I am come with all possible solution to solve this error. So without wasting your time. Lets start this article.
What is Error ?
The only issue is that I saw the following waring.
homebrew Warning: /opt/homebrew/bin is not in your PATH.
Waning is indicating that it is the directory where the binaries or homebrew are put, so you have to add homebrew PATH into ~/.zshrc OR ~/.bashrc.
Waning is indicating that it is the directory where the binaries or homebrew are put, so you have to add homebrew PATH into ~/.zshrc OR ~/.bashrc. Follow below step to add PATH.
- Edit your ~/.zshrc or ~/.bashrc with at the end of file :
- Enter This Line At End of File :
- That’s it.
For more infos about the current status of Homebrew on Mac with a M1 chip : Apple Silicon support in Homebrew
To resolve, you can do :
- Edit your ~/.bashrc with at the end of file :
2. To edit
3. if bashrc not found
4. and paste
5. in the file then save and quit the file and then reload bash or
and you’re good to go.
- Check you have already Install the Xcode. Run the below command in your terminal
- /usr/bin/xcodebuild -version
- It will print the below sample output Xcode 12.3 Build version 12C33
- Now Open Xcode Select preferences Select location tab Now in command Line Tool select your Xcode version from dropdown menu
- In terminal run below command
- /bin/bash -c “$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/HEAD/install.sh)”
- Note : if you have M1 Chip Mac run the below command, close terminal and open the terminal again
- echo “export PATH=/opt/homebrew/bin:$PATH” >> ~/.zshrc
So it’s all About this issue. Hope Getting a warning when installing homebrew on macOS Big Sur (M1 chip) above all solution helped you a lot. Comment below Your thoughts and your queries. And Also Comment on your suggestion here.